Wednesday 18 October 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #47 featuring Cats Can't Shoot: A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Welcome to another wunderpurr Wednesday on the blog.  I'm so excited as my supurr exclusive Crotchety Cougars Red Bonnet arrived on Monday from 15andMeowing - now this is such a great honour as mew can't join The Crotchety Cougars Club until mew are 15, which as of next Tuesday I will be, but appurrently until then I'm not allowed to see, touch, wear or even sniff my new bonnet on the P.A. orders.  

She said and I quote, "Amber it's not your birthday for another six days, you have to wait!"

"PHOOOOEY!"  I harrumphed and stomped off to my library in sheer disgust.

But let me tell me I will get to sneak a peek in that envelope when the Tyrannical Overlord aka the P.A. isn't looking! MOL 


Oh and moving on now, mew remember that we're on the Halloween Trail of Spooky Weirdness throughout this month and today I'm sharing another picture the P.A. took on October's full moon while she was stood in the courtyard.  It's not as creepy as last weeks but still....


OMC what's that blue thing above the clouds?  And it's purretty big... EEEEEEK...  It wasn't in the previous pictures either, as the P.A. always takes 2 or 3 of the same thing - don't ask why, I don't know, she's just a bit nuts! MOL

And no it wasn't a satellite, or a plane, or a helicopter, or a radio-active wurm, or even a big glowy blue-burd!

Idea's anyone?

While mew ponder on the mystery of the blue orb, I think it's time fur this weeks book, so let's hop to it...


This week I'm sharing

Cats Can't Shoot 


A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir 


by

Clea Simon

Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

When Pru Marlowe gets the call that there's been a cat shooting, she's furious. Animal brutality is the one thing that this tough animal psychic won't stand for, and in her role as a behaviorist she's determined to care for the traumatized pet. But when Pru finds out that the cat "did" the shooting - accidentally setting off a rare dueling pistol - she realizes something else is going on. 

*    *    *

Cats Can't Shoot is the furst in the Pru Marlowe Pet Mystery Series and it didn't disappoint at all.  Pru can read the minds of animals, which is a gift I wish the P.A. had then she'd know exactly what I want and when I want it without me having to find her and tell her in purrson! MOL

But seriously this book has it all, suspense, drama, really good characters, a nice plot to lead mew along and keep turning those pages or in my case binge-listening.

Pru's cat Wallace is a great character and I'm hoping as the series progresses becomes more front and centre, and it's read by one of my favourite narrators too, Tavia Gilbert.

If mew haven't read or listened to this, I really think mew should, mew won't be disappointed.

Audio: 8 hrs 38 mins    

Hardcover: 267 pages 

  • Publisher:  Poisoned Pen Press (3 April 2012)

The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Cats Can't Shoot

Offurall Enjoyment



I do hope mew enjoy this book if mew decide to give it a try... 

...and if mew've read it already, what did mew think?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew.

 Next week I'll be doing Wordy on Wednesday on Tuesday as it's my BIRTHDAY - WOOOO HOOOOO!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox




Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for another fun review, Amber! Now I fancy a change of read, and nice to be in on the first novel. Definitely one for my kindle or Audio book collection!
    I'm off to check the safeties on all my guns!
    Toodle pip and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, oh yes do go check the safety's one can neffur be too careful about gun safety! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. faaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....werz R commint sy burr space ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    amber....we iz tryin ta say yur stinx eye fotoz rockz az doez yur ree veew
    we iz all sew tryin ta say that we hope ta cod thatz knot a bass terd bloo
    burd in de PA fotoz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank mew most furry kindly tabbies, I've been purrfecting it fur years! MOL We still don't know what the blue thing is??? purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Amber in case I furget to tell you next week! I bet you're super excited & I can't wait to see a pic of you in your new hat! That book sounds like a good one, though why is it that Persian kitties always seemed to be made up as the bad guy. Well, hopefully the white one in this book can convince the humans that he's innocent. Thanks for sharing your review! Mew Mew! -Valentine (& Mom) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've read this book and it's delightful! I'm thinking that the blue blob in the full moon photo is just your standard, everyday UFO...nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eastside Cats, oh just a nurmal UFO mew say, nothing to wurry about mew say.... MOL MOL mew guys are fabulous!!! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. I am so glad your hat arrived in time for your birthday. I hope you are going to have a birthday party. This looks like an interesting book. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and thank mew so much fur making my hat, it's the bestest thing since the big bang! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday for soon and conCats on being a COUGAR!

    PS We will get the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read that book and enjoyed it ! Clea Simon has written many cat themed mysteries !
    Your Mom is outdoing herself with spooky pictures !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, oh I'll definitely be reading more from Clea fur sure and I'm so glad mew're enjoying the spooky pictures! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. That book sounds like a good one, Amber! As for that thing above the clouds, we're going with "radio-active wurm!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie, OMC mew think it is a radioactive wurm - oh jeez that means that the big guns are gonna have to come out of the bunker!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Oh no! We think it's a UFO in that photo! Aliens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Island cats, mew think its Aliens - OMC OMC - the even bigger guns are gonna have to come out now!!! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. I look forward to your birthday and seeing your new hat! It is hard to believe that you are going to be 15 years old - you don't look a day older than 2. This book sounds like the perfect sort of read for this Halloween season. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Robin and really I don't feel a day older than 2! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. Hmmm...something or someone came ovfur from Bob's space planet...
    And a birthday?? OMC! Maybe that is a birthday visitor??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Pipo, now there's a thought, it could be a beacon from Bob's planet Catopia, jeez mew're good, I would've neffur thought of that! purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...