Friday 17 February 2017

The Pet Parade Blog Hop No: 183 ~ Rascal & Rocco Co-Hosted by Basil & Love is Being Owned By A Husky & Barking from the Bayou





Friday greetings pawesome pals

Many apologies fur not being here yesterday, we are sorry but we were just too tired and worn to a frazzle to do anything, mew know sometimes the lethargy just creeps up on mew and mew have to surrender to it!

Anyhoo, we're here today so I'll give mew a quick update on my convalescing.  As mew know I came home on Monday afternoon, oh boy was I happy to be home, the furst thing I did was rush to my litter box as I was busting to go - I meowed all the way home in the carrier to tell the P.A. to drive faster, but she refused to drive offur the speed limit, so the minute I was indoors I bounded from the box and zoomed like a cat possessed to the litter boxes and aftur finding the one I wanted, well let's just say I felt so much better.

The Hoard were so happy I was home, so I gave them all a little swipe around the tabs [ears] to show my affection and that I'd missed them all terribly.

I've been on the Gastro Intestinal cat food all week and now on day five it's becoming really boring and I'm not loving it.  The P.A. did cook me some boneless, skinless whitefish last night which was delicious and she saved some for today and added it to my Gastro food, so that made it much more palatable.

I have also become a propurr little suck-beast and wouldn't let the P.A. out of my sight fur my furst 2 days at home, she told me I had become a total cling-on and laughed.  I have calmed down somewhat and now just wait till she gets on the sofa then I climb on her lap and refuse to move! MOL

I've got to go back to the vets on Monday fur a blood test as they want to check that my pancreas is normalizing, and I think the P.A. is going to ask them to check if I am diabetic, just to rule that out.

In other mews we do hope mew've all managed to your copy of our free Colouring With Cats book and are all getting your OM on and Amber has been spending audible credits like they're going our of fashion! MOL  She's got an amazing book fur mew next week, and is so excited she can't stop talking about it.  She says and I quote, 'It's the best thing since the last bestest book!' and no that made no sense to me either, but anyhoo it does sound fab.



If mew missed anything this week, here's the latest links fur your purrusal!


We'll be back with our usual Selfie Selection on Sunday, so hope mew can join us then.

In the meantime we wish mew all a truly terrific weekend!

Happy Hopping

Sweetest purrs & nose bumps

Basil & Co xox



Pet Parade blog hop linky party is for all pets and animal lovers.
To see this weeks

 FEATURED FAVOURITE 

just pop over to:




get the InLinkz code



Gifs and Glitter Graphics

Other graphics used under paid licence www.canva.com  and www.pizap.com

29 comments:

  1. Hope da blood test shows your pancreas is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Lone Star Cats, thanks so much guys I'm at the vets right now! XOX

      Delete
  2. Paws crossed that your blood test turns out well, Basil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you pass the blood test with flying colors and we are sending purrs your way. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad you're home! Keep getting better and better. May your next vet visit be positive and painless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dood...ya noe, de PA coulda N shulda sped down de hi way....when ya gotta uze it... ya gotta use it... N if her had got stopped bye de pole leese all her had ta due was say...basil'z gotta use it..... hope yur testz come out grate on monday N yur a point mint goez well ~~~~~~ we hafta coppee yur book frum de food gurlz place oh employ sew we hafta bee sneekee bout it.... but did get pagez one N two done !!! we iz out on monday sew heerz two a uaru kinda week oh end; himz act shoo a lee a prette awesum fish;see ya twoozday ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tabbies, yep she should have put her foot down! MOL So glad mew got your copy of the new book, enjoy! XOX

      Delete
  6. Have a beautiful weekend. I will have to check out that coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rascal & Rocco, oh do get a copy, I'm sure mew'll love it! XOX

      Delete
  7. There's nothing worse than having to tinkle a flooded river and the peep you're with just keeps puttering along like life's a turtle race. The feeling when you get to the kit lit can't be compared to anything....it feels so good.

    These Mandalas are beautiful. Did your Pa make them up herself. One problem....my mom wouldn't be able to colour inside the lines with a hunky crayon....is there a special type of crayon mom should get? She's not up on colouring so needs a bit of assistance in this matter.

    Thanks,

    Shoko and Kali
    Canadian Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shoko & Kali, mew are so right, it was like the P.A. was driving Miss Daisy!!! MOL Tell your mom to get some gel pens, they are amazing and they come with glitter, metallic and matte colours! XOX

      Delete
  8. Oh Basil we're so happy dat you be feelin' better. We'll keep those purrayers goin'. Ya' know, mommy says they can never hurt. Those purrscription diets are always nasty, but your fish sounded like a pawsum treat. Hope you get more treats. We're glad Amber can get her books. Guess a girl's gotta have somethin' to do right?. Anyways, big hugs fur all.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dezi & Raena, thanks fur all the purr and purrayers, they are helping. The fish really did help! XOX

      Delete
  9. We are SOOOOOOO glad you're home, Basil! I bet you missed your PA as much as she missed you. Bear Cat is clingy too when he's not feeling 100% or he's been away from me for a little while. I hope you don't have diabetes (that sounds stupid and kind of obvious, I know). Kitty had hepatic lipidosis first (one of her fangs was inflamed and she stopped eating) ... and I'm pretty sure the prednisone she took to stimulate her appetite and reduce inflammation caused diabetes (it can spike blood sugar). Holy cat is that scary. I was paranoid about her blood sugar going too low from the insulin because I couldn't always get her to eat what she needed to. Sending love to all of you ... each of you brightens our day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Momma Kat & Bear, thank mew guys it's lovely to be home. I'm back at the vet right now and they're testing me fur thyroid and diabetes too, so I'll let mew know! XOX

      Delete
  10. I am glad you are feeling better. I wish the food tasted better for you though, that was nice of the P.A. to make you a special treat. I am glad Amber is back in business with her books.XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, I'm feeling better and yesterday I had a bit of outside time. Then I asked for 3 extra portions of food later in the evening, so the P.A. was furry happy about that! XOX

      Delete
  11. Basil, we're glad you're home and doing better. Y'know, my vet told me that I didn't have to eat any special food because of my pancreatitis. Though I am still taking anti-nausea medication every day and sometimes I get an appetite stimulant when I'm not eating that well. But with my kidney issues now, I have to eat foods that are good for the kidneys. My vet had me taking a medication called "ursodiol." It's a medication for the gallblader and liver, but she said it can help prevent future pancreatitis attacks. You might want to ask your vet about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Island Cats, thanks so much fur telling me about that medication, the P.A. asked the vet about it this morning when she dropped me off fur my tests. So I'll keep mew updated! XOX

      Delete
  12. We cross our paws for you, Basil. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Basil I know you are happy to be home sweet home....litterbox handy, warm laps available, siblings happy to see you. Rest up and enjoy the fact you feel better. Special foodables aren't always FUN - they do get boring - but mixing in the occasional "something" helps. I remember believe me! Mom would whack up a bit of chicken or fish or ANYTHING to add bits to my special prescription food. I hope you feel WAY better soon my friend.

    Love, Angel Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are so glad you're home, and feeling better, Basil! We bet the P.A. *likes* that you're being a suck-beast. :)

    We will cross our paws and send big, rumbly purrs that your vet visit goes well. Big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, oh the P.A. loves me being a suck-beast! MOL MOL XOX

      Delete
  15. I bet you had a warm welcome home from everyone!

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...