Wednesday 8 February 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #28 featuring Classified As Murder and I NEED MORE CREDITS!

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Wunderpurr greetings fellow book lovers

Welcome to another day in the library, mew may remember that last week I had a bit of a stand-off with the P.A. click here fur a quick recap.


So there I was, sat in my tank like the elite kitty commando that I am, and I'd just issued this warning to the P.A.:

"I need more credits or else!"

Well, she stared at me, then at my tank and then at me again and said. "Amber I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?"

I pondered this fur a moment and then replied. "The good news."

The P.A. said. "I've been on the Audible website and checked out your membership and it says that once you have used up all your credits and then all the extra credits you can buy three at a time," she paused taking a soft inhalation. "It would appear that we can renew your yearly membership early!" 

I grinned, mew know the type, maniacal and gleeful all at the same time.

"So what's the bad news?" I asked as I started to float skywards on my little white, fluffy cloud of happiness.

"The bad news would be that I'm just going to leave it this year so you'll have to wait a few more days!" she said.

I had a sudden and rather abrupt flashback - see pic below - as my little white, fluffy cloud of happiness came crashing down back to earth with a hefty and rather jolting bump, turning into a big black thunder cloud of doom instantly.


"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I wailed. "Mew can't do this to me!"

I screamed like a demented banshee [that's my war-cry BTW] as my paw hit the fire button in the tank. 

I waited fur the recoil, yet nothing happened, I hit that fire button again and again and again.

NOTHING HAPPENED.

I narrowed my eyes at the P.A., mew know the really bad stink-eye glare. 

"Mew've disabled the firing mechanism haven't mew!" I spat, it wasn't a question, just a cold hard fact.

The P.A. nodded and I could see she was trying not to smirk, she has a most annoying smirk.

"I did indeed disable all weapons on the tank!" and she burst out laughing, again!

Well mew could have rolled me in treacle and dropped me in grass clippings I was so shocked, stunned in fact that I could get more credits now, but it still wasn't going to happen.

"Mew're mean!" I said. "Really, really, really horribly mean... I'm going to write a really long letter to someone complaining about you and your inability to provide and meet my book needs!"

The P.A. raised an eyebrow at that, she smiled and said. "Good luck with that."

Can mew believe I have to wait 3 more days fur credits?  I'm going crazy, like a demented severely unhinged kitty due to immediate and acute onset book deprivation - in fact I may not recover if I don't get something new like right now.

The P.A. seeing my utter meltdown decided at that point to give me a brand new paperback that she'd ordered the day before from Amazon.  A book that I'd seen on The Tabbies of Trout Townes Blog a few days previously and expressed an interest in, called 'Making Biscuits by Deborah Barnes'  well mew could have rolled me in treacle and dropped me in grass clippings fur the second time today I was so shocked.

I carefully picked up the book and rushed into the kitchen.  I sniffed the pages, aarrrhhhhhh bliss, there's nothing like that new book aroma to envelop one's senses, and to be the furst one to open a new book [before someone has broke its spine] the feeling is tres incredible, and what made it even better was, it had a ginger and white kitty on the front - just purrfect. 


It was a close shave to an uber epically epic meltdown but 'Making Biscuits' saved my bacon!  MOL 

So now mew know what one of the books coming up in the near future is... Anyhoo it's time to get stuck into this weeks book pick.

This week on book reviews with Amber, I'm sharing

Classified As Murder

Cat in the Stacks Mysteries


By 

Miranda James

Here's a little snippet of the book blurb:

Aging eccentric James Delacorte asks Charlie the librarian to do an inventory of his rare book collection-but the job goes from tedious to terrifying when James turns up dead. Relying on his cat Diesel to paw around for clues, Charlie has to catch the killer before another victim checks out.

*    *    *

This is the second novel in the Cat in the Stacks series, and Diesel is back with his hooman, Charlie Harris.  Humphrey featured the furry furst novel in the series here.

So, in this second novel, Charlie and Diesel are inadvertently thrust into the centre of another murder while cataloguing a private book collection and are surrounded by a list of suspects as long as your arm, each suspect with a motive and a greedy disposition.

The plot twists and turns all the way to the final reveal which is purretty cool.

It's another great read/listen and I heartily recommend mew get your mittens on it as soon as possible!

Paperback copy:  304 pages

Audio Edition: 9 hours 33 mins



The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Classified As Murder


Plot

Characters

Story

Narration

Offurall Enjoyment

I hope mew enjoy this book if mew do take the plunge and get it... and if mew've read it already, tell me what did mew think?

***NEWS FLASH***

And just before we go, as it was the P.A.'s birthday on Sunday, we're giving away a beautiful colouring book which also has a wurdsearch on effury page and a gorgeous semi-precious gemstone bracelet designed and made by the P.A. 

To win these fab prizes just leave us a comment on Monday's post, click here and we'll draw a name out of the hat next Monday.  


Our Give-Away is Open WORLD-WIDE



Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget to stop by tomorrow fur Basil's Brain Training!

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox





Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com
 

23 comments:

  1. Ugh! Three more days??? We are so sorry the P.A. is being so unreasonable, Amber. Maybe you can read "Makin' Biscuits" (which we love) to pass the time?

    Thanks for the review of "Classified by Murder." It sounds like a good one!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, well I thought it was 3 days but then they came in early, woo hoo fur me! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. We really like your tank! Too bad you have to wait three whole days for more credits! Mom has read several of the Cat in the Stacks books. She needs to catch up on her reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angel, Kirby & Max, oh these are great books, tell your mom to get audible then she can listen while she does other stuff! Multi-tasking! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. You can write a leter of complaint to me Lady Amber! That's just horrible behaviour, I'm so sorry you have to put up with it! :( She knew what she was doing, that's why she took all the firing mechanisms out of the tank before she gave it you! Aww Amber *hugs* I will share my books with you any time! Take care and hopefully I can make your letter of complaint be heard! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL I so agree Agent J, it's despicable on all levels but the good news is my credits came in early!!! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. amber...another grate ree view; we will get FSG ta chex out thiz miss tree. N how kewl de PA getted ewe a reel live fresh never bee forz been red book, N we noe ewe R gonna lovez thiz one ~~~ !!!

    now bout that three day wait.......go find a halibutt; due knot cook it but let it set out side sum wher ta gather stinx.....afturr....three dayz...put de halibuttz ina heet vent N let it set ther...three WEEKZ....bet ewe never haz credit trubull ever again ~~~~~~ ♥♥♥☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya tabbies & Miss Dai$y, oh the FSG will luv this book and yes I did luv the new paperback, but I really, really did luv your idea, so wickedly wicked!!! MOL MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. Amber we feeeeel fur you dear friend. We snuck Dads Amazon password and suggest you do the same to the PA MOL We will try Makin Biscuits as we really like Deb Barnes.
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Idea Timmy, I'm all offur that right now fur future incidents! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Oh no, Amber! Three whole days?? How will you ever survive?? The P.A. is being very unfair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Island Cats, yep it was a travesty of the wurst kind but then miraculously my new batch of credits arrived early, so I can stop having my meltdown and cosy up with a whole load of new books! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. That is just so cruel to make you wait. We love Makin Biscuits and have some stories in it. Classified as Murder sounds good too. I hope Basil is starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey guys, yep so cruel, terribly cruel, but Im ok now! MOL oh wow I can't wait to read making biscuits, it's next on my list :D Basil is still in the pawspital, but we hoping he'll be home tomorrow. Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. I hope that time flies while you are waiting for your new Audible credits, Amber! You deserve all of the books that you want. :) I would have been very convinced by your tank. Makin Buscuits sounds like a terrific book too! I've seen that around the blogosphere. The mystery sounds quite suspenseful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Robin, it's a shame the P.A. wasn't convinced at all! Oh I think mew'll certainly like today's book, give it a whirl... purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Please Miss, I know this one, and it is an AWESOME book. In fact the series is awesome too. I won't give anything away, as indeed the writer doesn't give too much away either, which makes it such a good read. I'm waiting for the next one to come out, by which time I'm hoping you have the book credits to review that one for us. Purrs, Erin
    PS are you sure there isn't an override switch in there somewhere in that tank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY Erin, yes the entire series it EPIC!!! Sadly there's no offur-ride anywhere, I checked.... purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. Let's see, I'm here a little late. So are your three days up?!? We've got that Making Biscuits books on our book shelf! And I read Classified As Murder. Still working my way through the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Chatty Cats, yes I have credits - WOOOOOO HOOOOO! purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. We hav ehtat biscuits book...and we are in it too:)


    Hope you recovered from your book deprivation:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipo & Minko, all is well on the credit front now and I am buying new books like they're going out of fashion! MOL purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  12. Goodness me! I'm always late to the party!!! So happy to hear you were able to get our book, Makin' Biscuits, with our lovely ginger cat, Jazmine, on the cover!! We do hope you really, really enjoy it and that it gives you a smile or two!!

    Warm Purrs from Deb Barnes of Makin' Biscuits

    ReplyDelete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...