Wednesday 7 June 2017

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #42 featuring Sherlock Herms Purranormal Mysteries: The Case of the Dancing Ghosts

Welcome To


With Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations fellow biblio-cats

*waves paw*

Furstly we have to say huge thank mew to Pipo & Minko fur the gorgeous Birthday card fur Basil's birthday last week, we were going to post it on Sunday and then on Monday but the posts were that long we decided to wait until today to propurrly show it off!   Isn't it just fabulous?


*     *     *
So anyhoo it's time fur book business, so mew know how us gurls get together and talk about stuff, well the other day Pandora and I were having a little tete a tete in the garden when I mentioned I'd got a supurr special book to review.

"I've got the best book effur this week!" I said.

"Really Amber, do tell me more?" Pandora replied in her strange, little foreign accent.

"Like OMC, mew just can't believe that when the P.A. was at BlogPaws she got to meet the real Herms from the Sherlock Herms series!" I gushed. "I just wish I'd been there... he's just so dreamy and handsome and.... he's ginger and white just like me... we've got so much in common... Oh my cod I would've just loved to have met him in purrson!"

"Amber," Pandora suddenly interjected. "Purrlease could mew speak more slowly as I can't understand a vurd mew are saying!"

I really didn't hear a wurd she was saying either as I floated away on my little cloud of happiness all wrapped up in my own little wurld of just Herms and me in my library with books, books and more books. Ah what a purrfect day that would be!


Thoroughly engrossed in my purrfect daydream as I hugged the book he'd sent JUST FUR ME, Smooch suddenly popped out of the play tunnel.

"Amber," he said. "Mew're really weird!"

"What!!!" I spluttered. "I'm not weird at all, in fact I'm the normal one of the furrmily!"

Smooch began to laugh. "Herms, oh Herms I luff mew Herms!!!!"

"Well," I replied rather huffily. "Mew have no appreciation of a great book, get back in your tunnel right this second." 

Aftur Smooch had vanished back into the tunnel of doom, I took it upon myself to have a little wash, as I didn't want getting dirty paw prints on my copy of the book! MOL

 And on that note I think it's time fur this weeks book, so let get to it...



This week on book reviews with Amber, obviously I'm sharing

Image Amber's purrsonal copy

Sherlock Herms Purranormal Mysteries 

The Case of the Dancing Ghosts

by


Here's the book blurb:

My name is Sherlock Herms. It is my business to know what others don’t know. At least that’s what I hoped for once I got my paws wet as a private investigator. It was my first day on the job. The Wonderpurr Detective Agency had been open for business all of twenty minutes, but my phone hadn’t rung once. I flicked my floofy tail with impatience. How long would I have to wait before someone hired me to solve a caper? It all began when my author mom and I watched a documentary on famous detectives. She had decided to write mysteries. That made me nervous. I’m her mews, you see. I inspire her when she writes novels. But how could I inspire her when I know nothing about solving mysteries? If I fell down on the job, she might ask my arch-nemesis to be her mews. He’s a chunky orange tabby named Opie. He’s also my brother. With that in mind I paid close attention to the documentary. My favorites were Spade and Marlowe for their hardboiled detective lingo, and Sherlock Holmes for his use of logical reason to solve cases. Plus I liked his hat. Mom had just published two books in one year and was taking a much-needed break to grow more brain cells. I needed experience solving capers. Now. Before she started plotting her first mystery. But what if no one hired me? Ever! I’d be a washed-up has-been before the sun set on my first day as a hardboiled detective. I’d also be out of a job as a professional mews. I heard a knock. A thrill skittered through me. My first client had arrived! I opened the door to see my little sister. “What do you want, Dori?” “Mommy said I can play detective, too.” The fur bristled under my collar. “I’m not playing detective. I’m a hardboiled private investigator with grit in my blood. And no. You can’t play— I mean, be a detective, too.” I watched her eyes narrow. I’d seen that look before—right before I got a headache. She claims she can give migraines just by thinking one into your head and I believe her. But then her eyes filled with tears. Oh no. I’d rather have a migraine. “Mommy,” she yowled. “Hwermie won’t let me play detective.” “Let her play, Herms,” Mom called from her desk. “Please? I’m plotting.” Plotting! Oh no! Had she started mystery-writing without me? Meet Herman, a wise old floofy-tailed Turkish Angora, and his quirky tabby-kitten sister, Dori. When their first client hires them to solve a mystery in another town, they aren’t allowed to leave the backyard. No problem. Using a kitty play tunnel as a magical portal, Herman and Dori travel out of their yard—and out of this century—to take on their first big caper.

*     *     *

Guy's mew know on last weeks post  I said of the book I reviewed; the lack of kitty action did displease me somewhat.  This week there was sooooooo much kitty action it was unbelievable, and when I say mew need to read this, read it, mew will luff it.

It's got angst, action, a great plot and so much going on that mew can't not luff it.

Herm's is a hard-boiled detective with grit in his blood and his sisfur Dori is the comic relief throughout, it's a highly entertaining read and if mew're short on time it can be read in no time.  Plus mew can go back and read it again as like me, when mew find something as fun as this, it definitely needs a second and third read fur sure.

 Herm's also runs a weekly Purranormal series on his amazing blog, so if mew start to get withdrawals mew can satisfy them in a heartbeat.


  • Paperback: 78 pages


The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:


Ratings of:

Sherlock Herms Purranormal Mysteries: The Case of the Dancing Ghosts


Offurall Enjoyment


I hope mew enjoy this book if mew do take the plunge and buy it... and if mew've read it already, tell me what did mew think?

*    *    *

Before I furget mew can still enter Basil's birthday give-away as we won't be drawing the winner until Friday, all mew need to do is leave a comment on the birthday post to be in with a chance of winning an epically epic bag of goodies.

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and join us when we'll be here on Friday with the Pet Parade.

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs

Amber xox




Graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

33 comments:

  1. I agree with you Amber, it is definitely a 5 paw read. I read it on their blog and enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angels Flynn & Eric, mew are so right guys, this is a top top book! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey Mudpie, oh mew deffo need to get this asap fur sure!! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. Hi sweeties!
    Murli and I hope you had a purrfectly pawsome birthday lovely Basil! We wish you all the best in the world, and lots of cuddles, fun, treats and happiness for your new life yearšŸ˜˜šŸ˜½šŸ’•

    And we absolutely want the book! Just reading the excerpt had us hooked! How adorable. We luv Herms! šŸ˜»šŸ˜❤️️❤️️❤️️
    Sending you all hugs, purrs & love!
    Natascha and MurlišŸ¾šŸ˜ŗ

    Our bloggie:
    https://freecatlady.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha & Murli, thank mew fur the Biorthday Wishes, Basil will be best purrleased!!! Oh, mew must get this especially if mew're a huge Herms fan, it's a must get, must have now novel! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. A PAWZ A PAWZ A PAWZ !!!! amber; we haz thiz on R wish list !! waves two ewe all; basil yur birthday card frum pipo N minko iz total lee kewl......N waves two ewe hermz N dori N lassie N everee one if yur reedin thiz commint !! :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabbies & Miss Dai$y, oh guys mew so need this in your lives right now, we've got another one of Herm's Moms books to review in a couple off weeks! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. We love Herman too...but the mom has not read his book. What is worng with her???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Amber! Thanks so much for reviewing my book, and also giving it 5 paws! *proud ears* Very honored that you found my story enjoyable. Hugs and Purrrs, Herms P.S. Dori sends her love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herms *Winks coyly* I just luffed reviewing your book, *Highlight of my year* Big purrs & hugs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. That looks good and the cover is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH! Your mum met the real Sherlock Herms? That's awesome!

    We totally want to read this book now, Amber. Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoey & Gracie, oh mew'll luff it fur sure! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. You sure had fun with your daydreams of Herm!
    Nice that your PA met the real one, OMC!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Pipo & Minko *Blushes* I did indeed!!! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. It sounds like a good book, Amber. We do like to read about Sherlock Herms' adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Funny Farmers, the Sherlock Herms adventures are the best! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. Sherlock Herms, the Hard Boiled detective, with grit in the blood. We just LOVES him, and a real cool dude in real life too! This was an excellent book and blog series and well worth a re-read.
    Purrs, ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, we should start a UK FAN CLUB fur Herms!!! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  12. I definitely need to read this book. Now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Chatty Cats, oh mew guys do need to read this now!!! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  13. Mommy PROMISED she was going to get Hermies book and read it to us. I must remind her. Especially after she told us how cute he is in purrson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lola, oh wow mew seriously need to get a copy, and yes the P.A. said how adorable he is in purrson too! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  14. Oh My Cat we HAVE to read Herms book! *Timmy runs off looking for Dads wallet*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Timmy, did mew get a copy, did your dad find out mew borrowed his credit card??? MOL MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
    2. Hey Basil. Dad knows I can use his "Big River" account and as long it is a good book he is ok with it. MOL. I just read the book and LOVED IT! Thanks fur the Review Amber.

      Delete
  15. Happy belated birthday Basil. Sounds like you had a fantastic time! What a beautiful card you received. Have a happy week❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jane & Tootsie, thank mew fur the Birthday Wishes, Basil sends his thanks too! Wishing mew a happy week as well, Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...