Wednesday 14 March 2018

Wordy on Wednesday with Biblio-Kitty Amber #61 featuring Books 3 - 5 Oxford Tea Room Mysteries & Anything Supurr-Soft Is My Own Purrsonal Kryptonite

Welcome To


With me, Amber ~ The Self-Appointed Biblio-Kitty


Supurr salutations pawesome furriends

*waves paw*

Hello, hello, hello!

Many apologies fur missing last week, only the P.A. bought a couple of new supurr-soft teddybear blanky's fur the sofas in the sitting room, and believe me when I tell mew that anything supurr-soft is my own purrsonal kryptonite.

It's true, give me some softness and I'm rendered completely inert, sometimes fur days.  I just can't help it, it's like my mind becomes so focused on the softness that I furget effurything else that's going on... it's just like being in a trance-state-of-total-softness or TSOTS.

I've tried to offurcome this rather debilitating condition but from my research and the testings of many different styles of blanky's throughout my life, it's always the same;  Softness = Complete Inertia Recurring or S=CIr


If any of our fab furriends are in the scientific field I'd love to know why, and am I the only kitty in the wurld that suffers from this condition?

Thank goodness Basil and the rest of The B Team decided to put a poll on the blog on Friday fur mew to vote, as without that I don't think mew would have seen me fur months as my motivation to move was in the severe negative! MOL - OOPS!

When Basil last showed me the results of the poll on Monday, 70% said I'd DEFINITELY make it fur this week*, 22% said PURRHAPS I would make it and 9% said NO WAY -  Parsley and Smooch I know that was mew who voted fur the No Way - we'll be having wurds later!

* Thank mew fur believing in me

So this week, to make up fur my futile failings of last week, I'm sharing the next 3 books in the Oxford Tea Room Mysteries.  

This week I'm sharing

Books 3 - 5 Oxford Tea Room Mysteries

by 

HY Hanna

Here's a little snippet of the book blurbs:

Book 3 Two Down, Bun To Go

A sinister phone call in the middle of the night throws tearoom owner, Gemma Rose, straight into the heart of a new murder mystery - this time with her friend, Seth, arrested as the key suspect! The mysterious killing in the cloisters of an old Oxford college points to a bitter feud within the University - but Gemma finds unexpected clues popping up in her tiny Cotswolds village.
7 hours and 40 minutes

*    *    *

Book 4 Till Death Do Us Tart

When Oxfordshire tearoom owner Gemma Rose enters her little tabby, Muesli, in the cat show at the local village fair, the last thing she expects is to stumble across a murder. And when her meddling mother and the nosy Old Biddies decide to start their own investigation, Gemma has no choice but to join in the sleuthing. She soon finds there's something much more sinister sandwiched between the homemade Victoria sponge cakes and luscious jam tarts!

 8 hours

*    *    *

Book 5 Muffins and Mourning Tea

Cotswolds tearoom owner Gemma Rose is excited to join the May Day celebrations in Oxford...until the beautiful spring morning ends in murder. Now, she's embroiled in a deadly mystery - with four nosy old ladies determined to help in the sleuthing! Before she knows it, Gemma finds herself stalking a Russian "princess" and keeping up with the Old Biddies in Krav Maga class, while still trying to serve delicious cakes and buttery scones at her quaint English tearoom.
7 hours and 46 minutes

*   *   *

As mew know I've really been really enjoying this purrticular series, and I've just finished book 5, as that's the last audio version in the series. There are another 2 books, but as of today's date, neither has been turned into an audio version yet, I'm hopeful that it won't be too long as this series is really, really good.

The books follow straight on from one another, so there's no huge gaps in the time-line, it's just like a constant flow of what happens next, which I do like furry much, as mew feel like mew haven't missed a thing. The characters get more and more interesting, and yes, there is a bit of a love triangle and relationship ups and downs, but that is a sub-plot so neffur offur-shadows the main storyline.

The entire series kind of has a Miss Marple vibe, though a fully modern version, so if mew like Agatha Christie, I believe mew'll really like these too.

And as soon as books 6 & 7 are available in audio format I'll share those too!

*    *    *

  • Publisher:  H.Y. Hanna
  • The Amber Biblio Rating System Fur Offurall Enjoyment:

Ratings of:

Books 3 - 5

Offurall Enjoyment



I do hope mew enjoy these books if mew decide to give them a try... 

...and if mew've read them already, which is your fav book thus far?

*    *    *

Sadly it's time fur me to say BFN or bye-fur-now as mew know the drill, so many books, so little time and don't furget that I'll be back next week with another specially paw-picked book just fur mew.

Happy reading or listening

Bestest biblio purrs and kitty kisses

Amber xox






graphics created with paid licence www.canva.com and www.pizap.com

26 comments:

  1. Well, Amber, I'm glad you were able to get over your TSOTS. I'll have to check out this book series, it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super soft blankets are Woodrow's kryptonite as well! This sounds like a really fun series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL I think it is a lot of kitties' kryptonite, in fact I think I'm going to start up a support group so if Woodrow wants to join, let me know! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  3. I love the picture that says "too many books, too little time!" That is my life! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda, yes that's my life too, so many books so little time! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  4. amber N inn deed we voted YAY.....theeze bookz soundz veree suzpenzfull N we see
    ya did knot looze yur flair... havin taken week off ~~~~~~ 984 pawz UP ! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so furry much Tabbies, I appreciate the vote of confidence, and my flair is bigger and better than before fur the rest! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  5. YAY! I wasn't sure, Amber, if those dudes would let you through to the library in time, and would litter your path with comfy blankets to delay you MOL
    Excellent sounding books, and too many murders and as much mayhem as a cat could want to keep her busy!
    Toodle pips and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin, MOL they wouldn't dare, they're more scared of me than Pandora's legendary box! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  6. Amber, I haven't read any of the books in that series. But Mom & I do like Agatha Christies stories so it sounds like we'd like these ones you reviewed, too. Wow, I've never heard of TSOTS until now! I wonder if there are other kitties in the world that have that have that too?! -Valentine (& Mom) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry & Valentine, oh mew guys will really love these then, my advice is get the audio version as its great to listen too! TSOTS is furry widely spread I'm finding out, I mentioned above to the Chatty cats that I'm thinking of setting up a support group if mew hear of anypurrdy else! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  7. Amber, I cannot even finish one book, let alone three new ones! I need to take a vacation from work, just to read books. Do you think my boss will let me do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys, mew need the audible app in your life so that mew can listen to the books while mew do other stuff, multi-tasking at its best, and the boss will neffur know if mew use a blue tooth earbud - WIN WIN WIN! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  8. They seem to have more murders than Midsomer! Just shows that you can't trust those sleepy little villages and towns.
    I am glad you made it this week, Amber. I had complete faith in you and knew you would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guys, mew are right, but then there'd be no story!!! MOL MOL And thank mew too fur the vote of confidence, I really appreciate it! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  9. Amber! I have to say I am in LOVE with you and your library! Mom has a stack of about elebenty billion books to get through before she can start a new book (or so she says) but she says those sound like excellent book!
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marv, oh mew made me blush, thanks so much! Oh wow that's some book stack your mom has, actually can I visit and help organise them? MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  10. I knew you would be back. This sounds like a great series. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh guys, I couldn't let mew down aftur reading your comment on Parsley's Pet Peeves, so I'm here and thank mew fur your vote of confidence too! Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  11. Hooray, Amber! We are glad you got over those TSOTS. We knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOL thanks guys, the TSOTS is still rather prevalent but I am fighting it! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete
  12. You made up for lost time, Amber! A three in one!! Now you will not feel guily going back to that place of softness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pipo, yes this week mew got 3 fur 1, and I don't feel guilty in the slightest fur returning to my blanky! MOL Purrs Amber xox

      Delete

❤️*Waves Paw* we love comments, thanks so much fur leaving one ❤️
FYI Comment Moderation is on due an influx of SPAM - so if mew don't see your comment straight away, DON'T PANIC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...